by Sarah Welch and Alicia Rockmore
Like to go on a vacation but can’t afford to be gone for a week? How about becoming a Day Tripper!
- Go from your home to a tourist destination or visitor attraction and return the same day! Look in the local paper under the events section to see what is happening in your area during your Stay Cation. There are usually free concerts, art fairs, parades etc. that you can go to.
- Also check out local and state universities/colleges for events.
- Go to destination360.com for day trips in your area. Or call your local visitors’ bureau and they will have info about TONS of stuff you can see and do.
- Go to your local library or book store and get guide books for your area – you may be surprised at the sights in your area.
- Or go to lonelyplanet.com , frommers.com , or roadsideamerica.com  for ideas.
We are the co-founders of Buttoned Up, inc., a company dedicated to helping stretched and stressed women get themselves organized and co-authors of “Everything (almost) In Its Place .” We welcome your thoughts! Please send ideas and questions to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org  or visit us at www.getbuttonedup.com