MOMMY TRACK’D MAKEOVER EMPOWERS STAY-AT-WORK MOMS TO SUCCESSFULLY MANAGE TUG-OF-WAR BETWEEN WORK AND FAMILY
~ Website Includes Exclusive New Video and Columns by Award Winning Journalists and Authors and a Cutting Edge Online Forum to Help Working Moms Survive and Thrive ~
Mill Valley, CA – August 10, 2007 – Mommy Track’d (www.MommyTrackd.com ), the 15-month-old Website designed especially for the estimated 24 million American women who juggle both a career and family, today unveiled its newly revamped Website. This smart, stylish, helpful and always entertaining resource already attracts 250,000 visits each month as well as major advertisers like Gap Inc., Gymboree, LeapFrog and Method Home.
The Mommy Track’d Website has been totally made over and now includes an updated look and the following new features:
· Video with Lizzie Bermudez, Emmy Award Winning Reporter from ABC News
· New columns including: ‘Around the Watercooler’ with Lauren Young, Businessweek Editor; ‘Three Martini Complaint Department’ with Christie Mellor, author of Three Martini Playdate; ‘Funny Papers’ with Betsy Streeter (working mom cartoons); ‘How Does She Really Do It?’ with Wendy Sachs, author of How She Really Does It: Secrets of Successful Stay At Work Moms; and ‘Brown Bag’ with Paige Hobey, author of Working Gals Guide To Babyville.
· The Mommy Track’d WEB 2.0 Community, an inspired combination of traditional forums and WEB 2.0 technology -- a truly user friendly online gathering place for busy working moms. The Community also offers hilarious ECARDS featuring working mom cartoons that busy moms can exchange.
“Whether women choose to continue on their career path after having children or work out of necessity, 70% of U.S. moms with kids under age 18 work,” said Amy Keroes, founder and CEO of Mommy Track’d. “And until Mommy Track’d there wasn’t a one-stop-place where these juggling and struggling moms could get the support, ideas and inspiration they so needed. Mommy Track’d is the first modern meeting place for working moms where they can get practical ideas on how to better manage their busy lives, join a supportive community of like-minded women, keep up on the latest news and issues affecting them and find a good laugh.”
About Mommy Track’d
Launched on Mother’s Day 2006, Mommy Track’d (www.MommyTrackd.com ) is the ‘working mom’s guide to managed chaos’ that attracts 250,000 visits a month (100,000 unique visitors) and has been hailed by the media as stylish and modern, playful and entertaining and hip and helpful. Mommy Track’d is organized into the following sections:
- Features – Includes columns, videos and funny pages by award-winning journalists and authors
- Survival Guide – Practical tips on staying connected, getting organized and treating yourself
- Newsflash – Includes the latest news and issues affecting working moms and celebrity soundbites
- On the Job – Famous working mom Q&As, advice columns and ideas for making work work.
- Community – Where working moms can build a profile, join groups and forums, and send e-cards
- Bookshelf – Reviews all kinds of books from self help to mom lit, to “anti-princess” books for girls
- Shop – Helpful and humorous Mommy Track’d items and deals and discounts from the hippest online mom merchants
Mommy Track’d was founded by working mom Amy Keroes, who is a graduate of Northwestern University and UCLA Law School , and who spent nearly a dozen years practicing law at a private law firm and then at Gap Inc. Amy is joined by her partner, Dawn Dobras, graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard Business School . Dawn worked for Gap Inc. for 15 years leading their online strategy group. She was the Vice President responsible for launching OldNavy.com. Mommy Track’d is based in Mill Valley, California .
# # #