A Green Summer.
by Sarah Welch and Alicia Rockmore
The 3 R’s Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle: Here are easy ways to incorporate green into your household this summer without too much work on your part!
- Open windows for cross ventilation breezes instead of cranking the air conditioning
- Use real dishes and silverware at picnics and parties
- Keep drinking water in the refrigerator instead of letting the faucet run until the water is cool
- Wash juice bottles and use them for drinking water
- Don’t buy – borrow, rent, or share items you know you’ll only use infrequently such as outdoor party goods (chairs, tables, linens, dishes silverware) power tools and things like ladders, floor buffers, rug cleaners, and power washers.
- Get your paper delivered virtually, to your email inbox, not your driveway.
We are the co-founders of Buttoned Up, inc., a company dedicated to helping stretched and stressed women get themselves organized and co-authors of “Everything (almost) In Its Place.” We welcome your thoughts! Please send ideas and questions to us at: email@example.com or visit us at www.getbuttonedup.com