Mom-Friendly iPhone Apps.
Apple's newest phone, the iPhone 3G S, went on sale this past Friday, and sold a million in the first weekend. With over 50,000 apps on the market, how will consumers—particularly busy parents—know which are the best ones to buy? According to tech leader PCMag.com, the best ones aren’t always the ones that are top rated on iTunes.
PCMag.com editors have cut through the clutter and named the 10 iPhone apps for Parents and how they can be adapted to make motherhood (or fatherhood) a less-complicated experience.
- Shazam: This app is able to identify whatever song is playing in the background wherever you are; use it to snag a sound bite from that new Top 40 hit your child loves, and get the details on whether it is in line with your family's listening standards.
- White Noise: Babies scream, toddlers pout, and parents can often lose their minds, White Noise is perfect for taking things down a notch.
- Kindle: One of the most exciting apps for the iPhone, Kindle lets you easily bring along most any book or magazine for you and your kids to enjoy on the go. Create your own family book club or read while stuck in a doctor's office, a book of your choice or read to your child.
- GoodFoodNearYou: When you’re on the road with the kids, avoid the fast-food joint and replace it with the convenience of this app to help you find health-conscious dining choices. Input your location and it will return scads of sides, sandwiches, and suppers from every dining destination in the vicinity.
- AllRecipes.com Dinner Spinner: If the question is "What are we having for dinner?" this free AllRecipes.com-powered app will let you choose recipes based on main ingredients, what you have on hand, and how much time you can spare for food prep. Or let it randomly selected meal plan for you.